RE: Important notice and offer to collaborate
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is Christopher Dortch. I have co-founded, owned, managed, and sold multiple businesses, including a 60x Telly Award Winning production studio and an International Media Conglomerate (see Appendices). I have extensive experience with the creation, aggregation, and distribution of intellectual properties. I have an extensive rolodex of investors and previous clients, including: Adobe, Domo, LG, Toshiba, SMG, and many others. As former CEO of Creative Media Group, I have at my disposal, several hundred-thousand dollars worth of animations, visual effects, ae files, and other marketing materials that can be integrated into future projects (see: MotionLoops.com for a sampling), and I have the rights to utilize millions of dollars worth of stock footage (some of which can be seen here).
As an entrepreneur, I am always looking for new projects and would love to discuss any ideas you may have.
I am available to talk most days between 9 am and 10 pm CDT with 24-hour notice and can be reached almost anytime via text (801-362-7229) or Skype (chrisdortch). Please contact me at your earliest convenience regarding this or any other ideas you may have. Thanks for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dortch is former CEO of StockFootage.com and Creative Media Group. As President of Global Archive, Inc., Dortch negotiated contracts, and aggregated all kinds of media content from the Western Hemisphere for distribution in the Eastern Hemisphere through a mutually exclusive partnership with the largest media conglomerate in China, SHANGHAI MEDIA GROUP. Dortch is an award-winning Cinematographer, After Effects artist, and a successful entrepreneur. His work has earned 60 Telly Awards and the Adobe Design Achievement Award. His Cinematography received special recognition by the National Geographic Society and his motion graphic design work with Donny & Marie Osmond received worldwide attention, and awards from TV Land, Daytime Emmy, BPI, as well as the DVD Premiere Award.
Dortch has produced dozens of brands, hundreds of websites, thousands of videos, and channels receiving billions of views.
- Dortch founded Global Archive, Inc. in November 2014, which was later reorganized into a Delaware C-corporation prior to several rounds of venture capital funding and eventually reorganized on February 10th, 2018.
- Built a library of over 50 million digital assets and one of the most comprehensive distribution networks in the world. Global Archive is a Delaware C-corporation with offices in California, Texas, and Hawaii. It aggregates iPTV, VOD, and the media licensing rights for all kinds of digital media files including films, shows, news clips, stock footage, images, music, sound effects, and other digital media files. So far the business has the rights to distribute over 50 million assets from some of the biggest names in the industry, including: Artbeats.com , AFLO.com, 5AlarmMusic.com, DepositPhotos.com, NatureFootage.com, Sound-Ideas.com, and many others. Through its mutually exclusive partnership with WingsMedia of Shanghai Media Group, Global Archive is a major contender for China’s lucrative online video market
- Global Archive is a technology company that owns and operates all of the following brands, websites, and technologies: MotionLoops.com, X3, GlobalArchive.com, EditorLoops.net, Sequential Downloader, ReligiousLoops.com, TimelapseLoops.com, VisualDvds.com, MotionLogos.com.
- Dortch cofounded the Hong Kong company with billionaire
entrepreneur Bruno Wu
- Recruited and trained roles of leadership, management, and led an international workforce, suplied media to Getty Images, Shutterstock, iStockphoto, Corbis, and 37 other distributors. Managed over 400 websites, launched 25,000+ Youtube videos, created and maintained a massive database of information.
- In an interview conducted by the Daily Herald, Dortch spoke of
digital media and its role in the Chinese government: “For me
there is a deeper mission,” Dortch said. “We will be
contributing to positive media to build a better society”
- Adobe called the digital imagery created by Dortch and former partner John Farr, “amazing, stunning work” that caused “Goosebumps in the audience!” Read On adobe.com . During an international television broadcast conducted by SMG, He Jian said, “video production and distribution market in China was worth nearly 10 billion Yuan” and Dortch’s content was described as “amazing.” Dortch said, we “have shots all over the world, from some of the highest peaks of Everest, to soome of the lowest places on Earth” Watch on YouTube
- Dortch’s company was described in a special article featured in Markee Magazine: “It’s easy to see why the company’s artsy collection is noteworthy, as Dortch points out that the company’s cinematographers have acquired content ‘in hundreds’ of national parks, in addition to a more recent and more daunting task: spending several weeks with the U.S. military shooting high-speed footage of C4 explosions, machine guns, operating shots from Chinooks, Black Hawk helicopters and many other military vehicles” markeemagazine.com.
- Produced digital media for Donny & Marie Osmond, LG Electronics, BBC, US Special Forces, Adobe, Domo, Franklin Covey, and traveled the world producing digital media in some of the most interesting places on earth, including: Israel, Africa, Italy, London, Everest, Rio, and others. Sold the company in 2015.
- Art and Visual Communications Departmental Scholarship
- Communications Department Scholarship
- Active Status | RS-81985
- Real Estate Referral Center Inc.
- Active Status | RS-81985
- Keller Williams Tri-Lakes | Office: 417-336-4999
- Advanced training in alternative financing, market analysis, commercial transactions, and asset valuations.
- Certified with advanced underwater camera training.
- Certified to an 80 foot underwater depth and 4+ minute breath hold.
- Active member.
- Eagle Scout and volunteer leader.
Established exclusive partnership with Shanghai Media Group
Nov 2014 – Present
- Worked to build a mutually exclusive reciprocal distribution partnership with Shanghai Media Group, the second largest government-owned media conglomerate in China, then created an international, multi-language team working to create digital media, photography, and footage that was distributed to a network of agents globally.
- SMG TV Interview: Watch on YouTube
- Daily Herald Press Announcement: Read Details
Founded and Exited StockFootage.com
Jun 2012 – Apr 2015
- Recruited and trained an international workforce to supply high-quality video footage to global stock media agencies including Getty Images, Shutterstock, iStockphoto, Fotolia, Corbis, Pond5, and over 400 of our own websites, including StockFootage.com
- Provided cinematography and production services to international clients such as National Geographic, LG Electronics, Adobe, T3Media, Discovery, and many others.
- Provided company interviews to SMG, Deseret News, Daily Herald, Post Magazine, Markee Magazine, and others
- Built in-house production unit, model and location databases, image content suppliers, and retouching teams dedicated to the delivery of high-end authentic commercial imagery in a rapidly changing environment.
- Managed a multi-language working environment. Supported and trained roles of leadership, management, and coaching to direct reports
- Oversaw budget analysis reports, project proposals, and creative research
- Worked directly with offshore distribution teams in Chengdu, Beijing, and Shanghai.
- Supervised investments for IRS & Chinese tax compliance
Helped create the viral “Will It Blend” video series with over 285,786,308+ views
Nov 2012 – Apr 2014
- Dortch’s company CMG produced the viral video series for Blendtec called “Will it blend?” (youtube.com/user/Blendtec). These videos soon received international attention and around 300 million views.
Produced and Directed project with LG Electronics and billionaire Bruno Wu for 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio
Dec 2013 – Apr 2014
- Procured investment from LG Electronics (lg.com) and billionaire entrepreneur Bruno Wu (forbes.com/profile/bruno-wu), then produced, directed, and shot 8K Ultra HD scenes in Rio Brazil, which were then licensed to several international television companies preparatory to the 2016 Summer Olympic Games (olympic.org/rio-2016). Footage from this project was featured by Nikon (nikon.com) , a sample of which can be seen on YouTube (youtu.be/wZCsegPiojc).
Spent 50 days in Israel shooting Ultra HD scenes for an award-winning BBC documentary.
Jul 2013 – Aug 2013
- In a major two-part series, nine of the world’s leading Biblical experts re-examine the Gospel accounts of Jesus’s life. Using the very latest archaeological, historical and theological research, the programs analyze the key influences on Jesus’s teaching, explore the land in which he lived and preached, and encounter the people who surrounded him. Illustrated with specially-shot drama footage of the key moments in Jesus’s life, aerial and time-lapse footage, these experts investigate the true meaning of the 2000-year-old story of Jesus, and what it meant to his original first century followers. Cinematographer and post-production supervisor, overseeing the editing, motion graphics, and color correction for the award-winning, 145-minute, BBC documentary entitled “The Story Of Jesus.” Locations included: Bethlehem, Holy, Sepulchre, Capernaum, Jerusalem, Dome of the Rock, Golgatha, Garden Tomb, Sea of Galilee, Arbel, Ein Gedi, Caesarea, Mitzpe Ramon Crater, Wadi Zin Desert, Nahal David, Nimrod Castle, Carmel Mountains, Banias, Antipas Palace, Banyans, Baram Ruins and Ancient Synagogue, Kemach Waterfalls, Mount Tabor, Ein Harod, Dor Beach, Adamit Park Caves Arch, Tel Aviv, Dead Sea, Carpentry, Desalination Plant, Zenith Solar Plants, Tel Beer Sheva, Masada, and Beit She’an.
Created an episode of “Leno’s Garage” with Jay Leno featuring VIA VTRUX and Bob Lutz (father of the Viper).
Jun 2012 – Jul 2012
- Producer, Cinematographer, Editor, and Motion Artist for an episode of “Leno’s Garage” with Jay Leno featuring VIA VTRUX and Bob Lutz (father of the Viper), as seen on YouTube (youtu.be/p5STy6HRZEQ)
Used state-of-the-art equipment to capture imagery of an elite fighting force within the United States Special Forces.
Jan 2012 – Apr 2012
- Spent several weeks working with the US special forces group 19 under the direction of Major Besinger and Sergeant Felingham creating video footage and images of many remarkable events and taking operating shots from within a hummer, a chinook, a Blackhawk helicopter, and several other military vehicles. We captured a Blackhawk lifting a hummer both from within the helicopter and from the ground using a RedOne, Phantom, and multiple other cameras, and slow motion footage of machine gun firing towards the camera, grenades, mortars, and over 1,000 pounds of C4 explosions. We captured vehicles and soldiers in the rain and mud firing all sorts of different weapons with close-ups of many soldiers in their body armor and military avvttire and organized the signing of over 100 model releases.
Cinematographer for film featuring IMAGINE DRAGONS.
Sep 2011 – Oct 2011
- Project: https://twitter.com/Imaginedragons
Time-lapse work with Tom Lowe on Award Winning Ultra HD Documentary, entitled: Timesapes
Aug 2010 – Oct 2010
- Freelance cinematographer hired by Tom Lowe to shoot for the award winning Ultra HD documentary entitled Timescapes, renowned as the world’s first movie to be sold to the public as a 4K file.
Producing, Editing, and Motion Design for a Michael McLean Music Video and Deseret Book
Aug 2010 – Aug 2010
- Michael McLean: michaelmcleanmusic.com
Deseret Book: deseretbook.com
Motion Graphic Design and Editing for OSMOND 50th, 2009 World Tour, and PBS Documentary
- The Osmond’s filled the Wembley Arena (sits 90,000 people) 3 nights in a row! Then continued their tour throughout the world. I did all of the onstage video, Motion Graphic Design and Editing for Osmond 50th, 2009 World Tour, and PBS Documentary.
- More Info
Project with DAVID ARCHULETA
- When he was twelve years old, Archuleta became the Junior Vocal Champion on Star Search 2. In 2007, at sixteen years old, he became one of the youngest contestants on the seventh season of American Idol. In May 2008 he finished as the runner-up, receiving 44 percent of over 97 million votes.
Edited graphics and shot footage for nationally televised live performance on stage with 21,000 people
Created Project Winning Adobe Design Achievement Award
- Channel: UntoldTales.tv
- Award: adobeawards
Formed a business and multiple newspaper publications, then sold the business
- Founded an LLC and started three publications, organized bi-weekly distribution to over 1,500 homes, managed advertising, and worked as Editor-In-Chief overseeing all operations of each publication before selling the publications to a competitor.
Not only is Chris Dortch a talented and creative guy, he’s a terrific collaborator. He’s able to think “out of the box” and suggest possibilities that can expand visions and often save money. I’m a fan. Michael .
Owner, Michael McLean Music
Chris has a number of strengths to offer the digital media world as is evident by his list of achievements. Chris is always interested in supporting others. For example, in the years he was at UVU and we worked on our class projects Chris was helpful with ideas for others in showing them how he did what he did. His personal productions were always top of the class. I would highly recommend Chris for his performance, capability, and helpful working relationship. Chris will be a encouraging addition to any venue or organization.
Chasey D Mitchell Jr
Director of Technology
Chris is a lot of fun to work with. He’s the kind of guy you can sit down and chat with for five minutes and he already pictures your vision. He’s extremely creative with After Effects and knows how to get the job done. When I need something out-of-the-box, Chris is the man to go to
“I have known Chris Dortch for almost 15 years now. He is an impressive young man. He is hard working, determined, focused, and effective. He is successful at everything he does. Juxtaposed to his amazing business achievements, Chris is a successful father and has raised a beautiful family. He is a loving husband. He has a great sense of humor. He is kind and thoughtful. And, he is one of the funnest guys you will ever hang out with. Chris is a person who has integrity the likes of which I haven’t seen before. I would trust him with my life. I give Chris my highest recommendation.”
Owner, DVO Enterprises
Chris is extremely easy to work with. We worked on several technical projects, where Chris would have a vision of what he wanted to accomplish, and we would work together to hash out the details of the implementation. Often he would come with a thought-out plan, but was also open to other ways of accomplishing the task. He would make himself available to test prototypes and provide feedback. If you have the chance to work with him, you will find him to be an honest, capable partner
“When you are looking for a creative genius look no further than Chris. I have worked with him off and on for over 15 yrs now. He has helped me land some of my biggest clients. If you ever get the chance to work with him you will not be disappointed.”
CEO, M.O.N.E.Y. Matrix
Chris is an outstanding media professional and manager....I have worked closely with him on some very tough projects....crazy schedules, moving design requirements, picky customers--And he always nails it. One of the best I have ever seen!
Thomas McFarland Jr.
Research and Development Manager
Chris Dortch is a man of integrity, vision, and leadership with incredible amounts of business knowledge and experience, which ranges from raising venture capital to selling company shares. While Chris regularly leads organized board meetings and prepares various company reports, he is a rainmaker and one that generates opportunity wherever he goes. Chris has orchestrated multiple very successful win-win deals involving both domestic and international negotiations. Chris has many business contacts and friends, of which I am both.
CTO Global Archive, Inc.
During an internationally televised broadcast, Shanghai Media Group (“SMG”) said, “video production and distribution market in China was worth nearly 10 billion Yuan” and Dortch’s content was described by SMG as being “amazing.” Dortch said, we “have shots all over the world, from some of the highest peaks of Everest, to some of the lowest places on Earth” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g4f4shw5Dk)
During an interview conducted by the, Daily Herald Dortch spoke of digital media and its role in the Chinese government: “For me, there is a deeper mission,” Dortch said. “We will be contributing to positive media to build a better society” Read More
Newswriter Debra Lordan of Pacific Media Group wrote the following about Dortch, “The idea to preserve and honor the area through photos and film footage fits perfectly with Dortch’s former career as a National Geographic photographer and cinematographer, where he digitized and distributed multimedia content online” Read More
Markee Magazine described Dortch’s company: “It’s easy to see why the company’s artsy collection is noteworthy, as Dortch points out that the company’s cinematographers have acquired content ‘in hundreds’ of national parks, in addition to a more recent and more daunting task: spending ‘several weeks with the U.S. military shooting high-speed footage of C4 explosions, machine guns, operating shots from Chinooks, Black Hawk helicopters and many other military vehicles,’ Dortch said View PDF
Adobe called the digital imagery created by Dortch’s company, “amazing, stunning work” that caused “Goosebumps in the audience!” Read More